One day I want to become a writer, and artist, an editor. I have traveled so much with my parents and my brothers that they are my closest friends and sometimes I wonder if I can actually say I come from any certain country. I love food so much that I think of countries according to the dishes they serve. And also, I am sharing my life with you.

Monday, February 27, 2012

Monday's recommendation

I have no time nowadays to actually read very much in my lovely book, though I am enjoying it thoroughly whenever I can. Due to my work and all that jazz I will endeavour to keep recommendations coming by going back through time to the books from my childhood.
I'm pretty sure this one is for teenagers or something like that but I read it when I just started reading and loved every second of it.
So if you're reading to someone, or enjoy simple writing on a quiet evening after lots of work, the I really recommend this one to you.


Shadow Spinner
by Susan Fletcher


This book tells the story of Sheherazade's crippled maid, a young girl who has many a story in the docks and from the gypsies. It is our young protagonist that keeps the queen's life safe as she provides the stories that keep her husband's wrath at bay.




Word of the day: 
(that sounds nothing like what it means)

Pulchritude

=

Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment