One day I want to become a writer, and artist, an editor. I have traveled so much with my parents and my brothers that they are my closest friends and sometimes I wonder if I can actually say I come from any certain country. I love food so much that I think of countries according to the dishes they serve. And also, I am sharing my life with you.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Write on Wednesday: 16

The Write on Wednesday Spark: Agent Chin- Wag
Pay attention to the conversations around you: at the dinner table, in the supermarket, while DVD Returning, wherever. You are looking for one line, one tiny sentence of dialogue. You may find your words lurking in a D&M or perhaps you will choose a phrase from everyday chatter. Write down your line. Use it to inspire your Write on Wednesday post. Keep your post on the short side: up to 500 words OR a 5 minute stream of consciousness exercise. Link your finished piece to the list and begin popping by the other links. Oh and enjoy.

REMEMBER: Creative writing is still on the WoW cards in 2012 but consider exploring other writing styles as well. Write fact or fiction. Link up a real life piece, a blog post, a Haiku, a letter, a poem, even a photography narrative. Tell us a STORY, by whatever means you fancy. Wherever the prompt takes you...


"What kind of a person would I be if I didn't at least listen?" he whispered softly against her ear.
She could feel his breath push through her hair, quickly replaced by the soft pressure of his fingers as he ran his hand from her face down to her back.
She loved that he always knew what to say. She would probably have laughed at another time in her life, thought that it was corny or rehearsed. But his eyes looked straight into hers and the honesty made the tears sting more than before.
She loved his words but that didn't change who she was.
She wasn't used to telling people her problems. She had never done much of it. She had never had anyone to talk to. Her cheek felt cold as the tear splashed against his hand. His thumb brushed up to push away any of the pain.
Her lips were brushed up by his passing thumb and the smile was pushed into place.
"Thank you." she breathed at him.

5 comments:

  1. Isn't that exactly what we all want? Someone who will listen because to them what we have to say is the most important thing in the world :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was beautiful! The descriptions were great, and this idea is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the beautiful description in this piece! Really heart-warming...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It felt very seductive. Great work!
    Tiffy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful. Very well written.

    ReplyDelete