One day I want to become a writer, and artist, an editor. I have traveled so much with my parents and my brothers that they are my closest friends and sometimes I wonder if I can actually say I come from any certain country. I love food so much that I think of countries according to the dishes they serve. And also, I am sharing my life with you.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Write on Wednesday: 15

by Story

The Write on Wednesday spark: The stories a tree could tell.
Take a look at the above photo (by Story). Use it to inspire your Write on Wednesday post. Keep your post on the short side: up to 500 words OR a 5 minute stream of consciousness exercise. Link your finished piece to the list and begin popping by the other links in the list. 

So I am a big believer that we have to do everything we can to keep our planet green and healthy so you are forewarned that this is a story about what we are doing to the planet. 


Time passes slowly when you have nowhere to go, nothing to see, no one to talk to. There is nothing but the same scenery, the same seasons, the same cycles of night and day. You know that forever when someone passes by, they will never stay and never become yours. Humans call it lonely, forgotten, deserted or forsaken.
Sometimes I wish I could talk to them. When I hears their whispers in my leaves -in the breeze as it brushes by- I dream that I can speak, so that I can tell them the truth.
I would tell them that time is infinite and no matter how much of it passes, there is only the experience of it that changes. I would tell them that because I stay in one place I can enjoy the changes that time delivers to the world, the good and the bad. I would show them their lives, their woes, their highs and the mark that they leave in my lines. No matter how long they come or go, I will know that they have been here at one time. I will remember.
Because time is infinite and their love and life will be remembered by those who continue. For I will tell the story to my children, to those who grow around me.

But there are no more children to remember.

Where have the children gone?

I wish I could speak to the humans. Their voices fill the air more and more. My leaves tremble and my roots are stopped.

I used to dream of speaking to the humans.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, too sad...the sense of wisdom and despair your character exudes is so strong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Insightful and sad piece. I like the way you made the prompt yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great piece. the tree really does have a story or two (and so many more) to tell....

    daphne

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really beautiful! I love the sad, thoughtful perspective here.

    ReplyDelete