One day I want to become a writer, and artist, an editor. I have traveled so much with my parents and my brothers that they are my closest friends and sometimes I wonder if I can actually say I come from any certain country. I love food so much that I think of countries according to the dishes they serve. And also, I am sharing my life with you.

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Monday's recommendation

I'm writing this today because I have class all day tomorrow and.... Now get ready for this.... I have class from tomorrow, Monday 9th of January, until Saturday. An extra day you say?

No! We have class everyday from Monday 9th until Saturday 21st!

Yes! Almost two full weeks of school with no weekend or break. It is going to be an intense brain workout of the awesomeness of sound!!!

Alright. I'm sure most of everyone out there will have more time than me for a relaxing moment so I recommend to you this book, after leaving the recommendations for a little while. I'm making sure this is a good one.


The First book of The Chronicles of the Dragonriders of Pern

DragonFlight
by Anne McCaffrey


This is a series of books that I really adore but one that I can absolutely tell you, with complete surety, that the first book was by far my favorite and (in my humble opinion) the best.
Yes, yes I am a dragon lover and my love for dragons could never receive more of a gift than from a story like this one. The ideas behind the world that they live in are brilliant. I know many things have already been done, and yes this story carries that same classic fantasy feeling, but it's the little characteristics in the story that really give this book a unique punch.
We follow the story of Lessa the sole survivor of the noble family of the Ruatha Hold. When her family is killed by the usurper Fax, she disguises herself as a servant and -using her telepathic abilities- manages to escape notices and start to influence the downfall of her family house so that Fax will leave. It is during this time that F'lar, the wingleader of Benden Weyr, arrives at Lessa's family home to search for a candidate for the new queen egg that is to hatch.
Lessa's telepathic ability to influence people turns out to be much more that a slight nudge to the human mind when she discovers that she can converse with F'lar's dragon. Something that only a dragon and his rider should be able to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment