One day I want to become a writer, and artist, an editor. I have traveled so much with my parents and my brothers that they are my closest friends and sometimes I wonder if I can actually say I come from any certain country. I love food so much that I think of countries according to the dishes they serve. And also, I am sharing my life with you.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A night out in Paris





Staying true to my passion in cinema, I signed myself up for a night at the 'Cinématique Français' this evening and went to see David Lynch and a selection of clips from his earliest works. Although the interviewer wasn't very talented (I can forgive this considering he was the owner of the Cinématique and not actually trained to interview people) I think that Lynch himself was really funny and interesting to listen to. In particular I noticed him glance on several occasions at his wife, who was sitting in the front row of the auditorium, this to me was an attention that represents a lot of a persons character. It was adorable, in short.
If you don't know David Lynch, I recommend the short I saw this evening called 'The Frenchman' and, even though it is really sad, I recommend 'The Elephant Man'.
This film tells the story of a severely disfigured man that is, of course, part of a circus where his act is called 'the Elephant man'. He however finds a way to escape with the help of a very kind couple, the husband being a surgeon who can aid him with all his medical issues. Together with his wife they find out that under his disagreeable exterior 'the Elephant man' is actually a very sensitive and intelligent man. 

No comments:

Post a Comment