One day I want to become a writer, and artist, an editor. I have traveled so much with my parents and my brothers that they are my closest friends and sometimes I wonder if I can actually say I come from any certain country. I love food so much that I think of countries according to the dishes they serve. And also, I am sharing my life with you.

Monday, October 11, 2010

Monday's recommendation

My recommendation for today is:

The Mrs. Murphy Mysteries
By Rita Mae Brown and Sneaky Pie Brown
(first book of the series is called 'Wish you were here')





Alright, I must confess that I am a great fan of murder mysteries. But! I must add that I don't like gore or horror or the generally frightening. This series isn't scary, you could even say it is the opposite. The story follows Mary Minor Harristeen or 'Harry', who is the postmistress in her little town of Crozet next to Blue Ridge Mountain. This book, or series I should say, is a great read as it really brings you into the lives of the small town people and you easily develop a familiarity with the characters. You'll find yourself drinking a hot cocoa with the characters and enjoying every minute of it. The murders themselves have a historical twist to them in a town that has quite a bit of American history.
Oh and I can't forget, two of the main characters are Mrs. Murphy and Tee Tucker, Harry's cat and dog. I can guarantee that these two characters will grab a place in your hearts in the blink of an eye and keep you running around after them as they try to help the humans discover who exactly, killed who?

No comments:

Post a Comment