One day I want to become a writer, and artist, an editor. I have traveled so much with my parents and my brothers that they are my closest friends and sometimes I wonder if I can actually say I come from any certain country. I love food so much that I think of countries according to the dishes they serve. And also, I am sharing my life with you.

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Markets or Musketeers

Another great day to go on an adventure with my friend Jess. As it is now required when we two decide to go somewhere together using public transportation, we swiftly found ourselves far far away from our supposed destination and asking ourselves if ever, we were going to get home.
I don't suppose having had a party yesterday and only managing to get to bed at about 5AM and then waking up at 10AM had anything to do with the fact that I was about to collapse as I walked, or if it was just that we got lost and then when we finally arrived at the correct train station we realized that IKEA was about 30 minutes walk away from the station. Yes, I was euphoric with the vision of the logo above as we finally arrived and darted into the warm interior of this so lovely a shop. The food was good, the stuff was cheap, I won't even say that I'm saying this because I am so tired and sleep deprived right now that I don't know what I am typing, I am saying it because it is true! If you need a recommendation for a great shop, here you go!

PS: Don't you love those reactions that are so, I want to say animal like or instinctual I guess, that we have kept despite the fact that we have lost every other important reaction in our bodies short of running away from fire when your sleeve is about to go up in flames. I was going up the many, many, many stairs to my apartment and a father was walking up in front of me, holding his daughters hand. It is raining, as it often does in Paris, and the girl of course slipped. The father's arm immediately shot upward and the daughter had a little swinging monkey moment before she landed on her feet once again. I guess this is typical stuff, I myself have seen this happen lots of other times, but isn't it such a great thought to think that we have something like that as a reaction. Like when a cat runs off from danger with its kitten in its mouth, we pull our children up to protect them from harm as a secondary reaction.
I find that a wonderfully comforting thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment