One day I want to become a writer, and artist, an editor. I have traveled so much with my parents and my brothers that they are my closest friends and sometimes I wonder if I can actually say I come from any certain country. I love food so much that I think of countries according to the dishes they serve. And also, I am sharing my life with you.

Monday, October 4, 2010

Monday's recommendation

Hello there everyone!

Today's recommendation is:

The Dragonbone Chair
By Tad Williams





So if any of you are familiar with Tad Williams, which you should be if you like fantasy and which you will be if you listen to me, then you will know that he is a fantastic fantasy writer. Not only is he a talented writer, he has a real knack for developing characters in a smooth and steady fashion and really making you relate to them. I must add however, that he has so much to say and so much great stuff to add on here an there that his books do get to a good length. If you are a true fantasy fan this will not bother you as it is a regular occurrence but if you are not a regular fantasy reader I strongly encourage you to not let this get you down. You will enjoy every second!

The dragonbone chair is a pretty basic fantasy novel. The stable boy, the northern people that kind of resemble elves, the brutish humans, the masters of darkness that are trying to destroy the already swaying balance of the world. Although the story has been done before, which is something I like because a similar plot in a completely different way, I think this story stands up above the others that I have had the pleasure to read.

The dragonbone chair is the first book of a trilogy called, "Memory, Sorrow and Thorn".

No comments:

Post a Comment