One day I want to become a writer, and artist, an editor. I have traveled so much with my parents and my brothers that they are my closest friends and sometimes I wonder if I can actually say I come from any certain country. I love food so much that I think of countries according to the dishes they serve. And also, I am sharing my life with you.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Fine Dining



So if you are in Paris, and the cold air is chilling your bones and burning your cheeks, there is no better place to be than 'La Refuge Des Fondues'.
Fondue with an unreasonable amount of alcohol-check
Crazy walls that everyone, including yourself, has signed-check
An insane owner that might just spill on you-check
Wine served to you in a baby bottle-check

And that's not the best part, the space is so narrow that the tables are all scrunched up together and pushed up against the wall. How do you sit down you ask? Well this was my question exactly as the Maitre D led me and my friends to the table and stuck out a hand that I assumed I had to take. This only led to the man yanking me up on to the chair he had just pulled out and nudging me towards the small space he had made between the table and the wall. I proceeded to jump over the table and fall onto a small Swedish girl and apologize a few times as her Londoner boyfriend snickered.
The meal was delicious if not ripe with alcohol and the deserts were fantastic (which might have been because of the alcohol).



One small warning, they only take cash which our neighbors and ourselves found out as the maitre d shooed the men out the door to go get money. Entertaining though it was to see their indignant faces, please plan ahead.
And make sure you don't loose to much senses from the alcohol and step all over the table as was done by my dear friend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment