One day I want to become a writer, and artist, an editor. I have traveled so much with my parents and my brothers that they are my closest friends and sometimes I wonder if I can actually say I come from any certain country. I love food so much that I think of countries according to the dishes they serve. And also, I am sharing my life with you.

Monday, November 5, 2012

Old friends, New places

Can you believe it? 5 years after high school, after moving from the US of A to Paris and then back to North America in the lovely city of Vancouver, Canada, I found myself sitting in front of my high school roommate yesterday.
The strange and great thing being that, even with all that time we were apart, I was still so ridiculously in sync with her just like back in the boarding house. It's good to see some things staying great.
I'm living on Main Street in Vancouver now, an amazing place with lots of great places to eat and drink and be merry. I've actually already recommended the great restaurant Grub in a previous post. No one who comes here to visit really knows to come down here, an opinion formulated by my good friend when we had dinner yesterday, so I might as well tell anyone and everyone about the great places I know.

We met up at El Camino's, a superbe little place on Main and 16th is a lot of great fun and some delicious food. Not somewhere you'd want to go for a full meal but great for a snack and a drink and catching up with some old friends. Not quite a bar and not quite a restaurant, it's just a chillin little mexican spot. The service is fantastic too.


Afterwards, to treat a Scottish girl to a real cup of tea, we went to this superb spot that's just a stride away from mine and the Boy's called Sweet Revenge. You will never be in a nicer spot for ambiance and good old fashioned teas and... yes.... The greatest slices of cake you'll ever have. It's an evening place, only opening around 7pm and it's tiny with mismatched furniture. The music is smooth and relaxing, just like the beverages. Sigh, I feel good just thinking about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment